If you lot’ve decided that Kik is no longer for yous, it tin be a little difficult to figure out how to get rid of your account. Thankfully, all you need is a web browser and admission to the email address yous used to sign upwardly to either temporarily or permanently deactivate your account. You can as well conciliate your child’s business relationship if y’all’re worried about their safety online, or yous can conciliate a loved ane’s business relationship who has passed away.
What is temporary deactivation?
When you temporarily conciliate your Kik account, you won’t be able to become Kik messages and emails, yous won’t show upward in Kik’s search, and your name volition become deleted from your contacts’ lists. However, yous can reactivate your account at any time by signing back in.
- This is a skillful method to choose when you lot don’t want to use Kik right now, but you might want to come back to your information later.
What is permanent deactivation?
Permanent deactivation means that you won’t get Kik messages and emails, you won’t show up in Kik’s search, and your name volition be deleted from your contacts’ lists. You lot’ll never exist able to get your information back once you permanently deactivate your account.
- You should only permanently conciliate your account if you’re sure you don’t need or want it anymore.
Can I get back an account once it’s been deleted?
If you permanently deleted your account, there is no way to become your information dorsum. If you lot’ve only temporarily deleted it, you tin can become your data back past signing back into the app.
- When you lot permanently delete your business relationship, your information is erased from Kik’s servers.
When I delete my account, practice my letters get erased from my contacts?
Yes. Any conversations y’all’ve had with other Kik users will be automatically hidden in a temporary deletion and erased permanently in a permanent deletion, although information technology may take a few days for the letters to disappear.
- If y’all delete your account, in that location will be no record of your conversations on anyone else’s phone.
Tin I back up my Kik account?
Aye, to your calculator or a third-party app. There isn’t a way to directly save your letters to your device, but you can include your Kik information in your computer backup by connecting your phone to a computer. Similarly, you tin download a third-party app like Dr. Fone or MobileTrans to relieve your messages elsewhere.
- That fashion, y’all tin can delete your Kik account but still go along your messages effectually.
in a Web browser.
Kik has a specific website they direct you to when you delete your account, and then you lot have to use a web browser, non the app.
Enter the email accost associated with your Kik account.
Yous’ll come across a box that says “We’re Sad to See Yous Go!”
- If yous need to alter your email address on your Kik business relationship, you tin head to your settings and add a new one.
A bulletin will be sent to your email address.
Open up the message from Kik.
It will say something in the subject line about the temporary deactivation of your account.
Your account volition exist deactivated and a survey will open up asking about the reason for deactivation. The survey is optional, and so you don’t have to practise it.
- You’ll no longer become Kik letters, or emails from Kik.
- Your username won’t be searchable anywhere on Kik.
- Your proper name will be deleted from your friends’ contact lists.
- When you’re ready to reactivate, just log back in to Kik Messenger.
- Deactivating your Kik business relationship won’t automatically uninstall the app from your phone.
in a Web browser.
Kik has a specific website for permanent deletion, so you’ll demand to use a web browser, non the app.
Enter your username and electronic mail accost.
Yous’ll also exist asked to select a reason for leaving Kik, which you have to answer before moving on.
Check the box.
By doing and so you’re acknowledging that you “sympathise that [y’all’re] permanently deactivating [your] account and [yous] won’t be able to login over again to reactivate it.”
A message will be sent to your email address.
Open the bulletin from Kik.
Information technology will have something in the field of study line about permanently deleting your account.
Your account will be permanently deleted one time you press this button, then make sure you really want to do it.
- Your business relationship will no longer be accessible.
- You lot’ll no longer receive messages from your friends, or emails from Kik.
- Your username won’t exist searchable anywhere on Kik.
- Your profile volition be removed from your friend’s contacts lists.
- You’ll never be able to log in and reactivate your account. Instead, you will have to outset a new account if you make up one’s mind to use Kik again.
- Deactivating your Kik account won’t automatically uninstall the app from your phone.
Delete some other person’s business relationship if they are in danger or no longer with us.
If your child has been using Kik and you’re worried about who they’re talking to, information technology may be best to delete it on your own. Or, if your loved one has passed and you don’t want their account open up anymore, you may want to remove them from Kik altogether.
- There are many reasons why you every bit a parent would feel the demand to delete your child’due south Kik account. However, y’all should proceed in mind the fact that your child could be angry with you for the invasion of privacy.
- Deleting someone else’s account is slightly more than hard than deleting your ain, so it can have some time.
Use the email and the username to delete the account if you lot know it.
If y’all know your child or your loved one’due south username and their email account, you can follow the steps above to either temporarily or permanently conciliate their business relationship. Yous’ll need to accept access to the email account to open the bulletin, so brand certain you know that password, too.
- This takes the least amount of time, and you can delete a Kik business relationship this way in just a few minutes.
Email Kik support if yous don’t know the username and email accost.
If y’all don’t know your loved one’due south information and they have passed, send an email to
back [email protected]. If y’all don’t know your child’south information and you’re worried virtually their safe, ship an email to
- If you are emailing well-nigh a loved ane who has passed, be sure to include your relationship to them, an obituary or death certificate, and any information you know virtually their Kik account.
- If y’all are emailing virtually your child’s Kik business relationship, include their username and their historic period in the e-mail.
Add together New Question
What do I do if my Kik account is still showing later successfully deactivating it?
This respond was written by ane of our trained team of researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
wikiHow Staff Editor
How can I log dorsum in later deactivating my account?
This answer was written by one of our trained squad of researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness.
wikiHow Staff Editor
I’m trying to delete my Kik account but the username is not valid. What should I do?
This answer was written past one of our trained team of researchers who validated it for accurateness and comprehensiveness.
wikiHow Staff Editor
Come across more answers
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to go a message when this question is answered.
If you’re having trouble deactivating your account, email Kik support at [email protected].
Cheers for submitting a tip for review!
About This Article
i. Annals an business relationship.
2. Search your contacts for Kik users.
three. Send messages to friends.
4. Include photos, videos, and other media.
v. Create your profile.
6. Download new emoticons.
Did this summary assistance you lot?
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 595,106 times.
Is this article up to engagement?